Luna® Interbody Implant is an in-situ, multi-directional expanding PEEK® interbody implant that forms an ALIF footprint from a controlled posterior approach.
Luna 3D Interbody Implant was designed to provide anterior column stability, strength and fusion with minimal neural retraction. The Luna 3D Implant features a controlled delivery and a generous graft window that allows bone grafting material to be inserted post-expansion.
The Luna 3D Interbody Implant also assist in restoring sagittal balance with lordotic implants and disc height restoration of up to 15mm.
The Luna 3D System is a novel, minimally invasive, lumbar interbody fusion implant for degenerative disc disease that incorporates Benvenue Medical’s proprietary material science expertise and manufacturing capabilities. Luna 3D is a PEEK revolutionary interbody implant that is precisely guided, controlled and a less invasive technique to the lumbar spine.
In-Situ, Multi-Directional Expandable Implant
- Luna 3D is a large, circular implant that goes where a small rectangular device used to be placed
- Provides spine surgeons a small access cannula for posterior access, and the implant expands in the vertebral disc space to a large, ALIF footprint with minimal neural retraction
- Incorporates the benefits of ALIF-size device with a controlled and guided posterior delivery
Ingenious Design Defines New Standards for MIS Spine Surgery
- Uses well established posterior delivery methods
- Deployment cables for controlled navigation and reproducible insertion
- Proprietary machining of PEEK for flexibility and expansion in-situ
The Luna 3D Interbody Fusion System consists of the Luna 3D Implant and associated accessories. This system is indicated for spinal fusion procedures in skeletally mature patients with symptomatic degenerative disc disease (DDD) at one or two contiguous levels from L2-S1. DDD is defined as discogenic back pain with degeneration of the disc confirmed by patient history and radiographic studies. These DDD patients may also have up to grade I spondylolisthesis or retrolisthesis at the involved level(s). The Luna 3D Interbody Fusion System is to be used with autogenous bone graft. Patients receiving the device should have had at least six months of nonoperative treatment prior to receiving the Luna 3D Implant. The Luna 3D Interbody Fusion System is to be used with supplemental fixation.
As with other lumbar fusion devices and procedures, there are risks and considerations for use of the Luna 3D Interbody Fusion System. Please see the product labeling for a detailed discussion of risks, contraindications, warnings and precautions. Failure to follow any instructions or failure to heed any warnings or cautions could result in serious patient injury.